WHO WE ARE
- We are a voluntary not-for-profit community group founded in 2007
WHAT WE DO
- Promote sustainable living in Lyme Regis
- Engage in environmental issues related to energy, waste and resource-efficiency
- Lead projects and campaigns to tackle the important and urgent issues raised by climate change and global warming.
- Liaise closely with other environmental organisations to share best practice, ideas and co-ordinate campaigns and projects.
Regular meeting are held, usually on the third Tuesday of the month (except August and December). All are welcome and our meetings and events are free. To raise some funds, we are grateful for donations and have set up a membership scheme of £5 per year so those regularly joining in can show their support. This income is helpful when we apply for funding for projects.
We are always looking for volunteers to help at events (talks, stands at fetes and festivals etc), work on the web site, sew boomerang bags , become a river monitor measuring water quality in the River Lim etc. If you have an idea for a project, do let us know. Our constitution can be read here. Please contact us if you have any questions or would like further information. please contact email@example.com
SOME GUIDING PRINCIPLES / OUR PHILOSOPHY
- Act local, think global
- Each one of us can make a difference to our local and wider environment
- We make links and connections as widely as possible, both within and outside
- We strive to be inclusive
- We combine education and awareness-raising with action and policy influence
- We do not preach, but rather provide reliable information, attract involvement and suggest practical solutions as appropriate
- We have fun