WHAT ARE WE?
- We are a voluntary not-for-profit community group founded in 2007
WHAT DO WE AIM TO DO?
- Promote sustainable living in Lyme Regis
- Engage in environmental issues related to energy, waste and resource-efficiency
- Climate change? Global Warming?
We hold monthly meetings -normally the 2nd Tuesday of the month (except August and December). All are welcome and our meetings and events are free. To raise some funds, we are grateful for donations and have set up a membership scheme of £5 per year so those regularly joining in can show their support. This income is helpful when we apply for funding for projects. Please contact us if you have any questions or would like further information. email@example.com
SOME GUIDING PRINCIPLES / OUR PHILOSOPHY
- Act local, think global
- Each one of us can make a difference to our local and wider environment
- We make links and connections as widely as possible, both within and outside
- We strive to be inclusive
- We combine education and awareness-raising with action and policy influence
- We do not preach, but rather provide reliable information, attract involvement and suggest practical solutions as appropriate
- We have fun
- Lyme Regis is a town in which there is a high degree of awareness and action to offset climate change and towards becoming carbon neutral…